Fritz Rift Lake Cichlid Buffer is a special blend of carbonate salts formulated to replicate the natural chemistry/habitat of the African Rift Lakes by increasing buffer capacity, alkalinity and pH. When used as directed, Fritz Rift Lake Cichlid Buffer will maintain a pH of 7.8 - 8.4 for Malawi and Victorian Cichlids, and 9.0 - 9.4 for Tanganyikian Cichlids. Fritz Rift Lake Cichlid Buffer will help your cichlids thrive and reproduce while promoting health, growth and intensified color.
For best results use in combination with Fritz Rift Lake Probiotic Cichlid Salt.
Directions & Dosage
Dosages are per 10 U.S. gallons (37.85 liters): Tanganyika: Use 5 g (1 tsp); Malawi: Use 2.5 g (1/2 tsp); Victoria: Use 2.5 g (1/2 tsp). Use the amount indicated for the lake you are wanting to simulate. Initially add daily until the desired pH is reached and maintained. Use as required to maintain pH, usually every 2-3 weeks.
- For best results, use RODI water. If using dechlorinated tap water, measure KH with a suitable test kit, and adjust dose to accommodate current alkalinity level
- For best results, add Rift Lake Cichlid Buffer to RODI water in a separate container before adding water to aquarium.
- No equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Dry products measured by volume (teaspoons, cups, etc) will always give approximate results - use a gram scale if available. If a gram scale is not available, be sure to test for correct concentration after use and observe for any changes in fish behavior.
- Do not change pH by more than 0.2 units per 24 hours. Test with a reliable pH test kit before and after use
- Overdosed? Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed