The pH of an aquarium is a very important, yet commonly overlooked aquarium water parameter. A correct, stable pH will help ensure a healthy aquarium environment. The pH of an aquarium can fluctuate due to biological or chemical activity within the aquarium. With Fritz pH Lower, the pH may be decreased to a desired level for aquarium inhabitants. Adjusting the pH to the proper level has an important influence on fish health and disease resistance.
Directions & Dosage
To decrease pH, add 5 ml (1 tsp) per 20 U.S. gallons (76 L) of water. Depending on the initial alkalinity of your water, several doses may be required to reach the target pH. Wait approximately 10 minutes, re-check the pH level before adding more Fritz pH Lower. If fish are present, limit pH change to 0.2 per day.
- For best results, add pH Lower to a high flow area of your aquarium
- Always check the pH of your water before using pH Lower
- No equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Easy measuring: the 4 oz, 8 oz and 16 oz bottle caps are approximately 5 mL volume
- Do not change pH by more than 0.2 units per 24 hours when livestock is present. Test with a reliable pH test kit before and after use
- Overdosed? Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed